Monday, November 27, 2006

Short Story

It's our second evening of snow here in Seattle, and we're enjoying the crisp air and cold noses! Our neighborhood traffic gets really quiet when it snows which is a nice change...and Molly slips and slides around the yard! We ate a Holiday Persimmon (Fuyu variety) from our friend Saya Moriyasu's tree, it was delicious.

If you are using dial-up, it may take a minute to load fully, so go grab a cuppa, or wait until later!



I am slogging through "data definition". It's important, tho' I can't say why yet...my database class has been the bane of my existence, but I am learning a lot about how I learn. For example, now that we're at the part where I get to draw very detailed models of a database I am happy. Before, when we were talking about it, and trying to write programming language questions for it, I was unhappy. I think I learn best when images and big-picture ideas are in play. After that I can get down to the details. If I have to do details first, I'm a goner. If I ever figure out how to get a website up, I'll put up a picture of my little database models.

No comments: