
Elizabeth Falconer and I will be playing a piece in July thatwe rehearsed today. It is going to be a fun piece, and the series is fabulous. "Simply Sawai", presented by Elizabeth Falconer, is a four concert series celebrating the life and work of modern koto master Sawai Tadao, who died in 1997, at the age of 59. Sawai composed a handful of pieces for koto and non-traditional instruments (like violin), and I am lucky enough to have an opportunity to play one with Elizabeth, a koto master and former student of the Sawai koto school.
The performance will take place at SoundBridge, Benaroya Hall's teaching/lecture area at Union and 2nd, on July 20th (Friday) in the evening. More details will appear on Elizabeth's site for the series:
2 comments:
when and where is the performance???
it is at "Sound Bridge", the teaching space and performance space in the bottom of Benaroya Hall. Location here:
http://www.seattlesymphony.org/soundbridge/locate/
the performance is on July 20th, Friday evening, I'm not sure of the time...probably 8ish. Details coming at:
http://www.freewebs.com/simplysawai/summerjuly20th2007.htm
Post a Comment