Sunday, June 17, 2007

the old country



well. I came back to hel-en-a for a while, got a cold on the plane, and have been hanging around. Thought I'd hike a bit, but haven't really felt that great. Played music with Dad last night. He is a far out guitar player. He's cool. Here are some pictures of the most recent weather. This one is a receding hail storm that came with a tornado watch yesterday. I can't ever remember a tornado watch in the old home town happening before.


My favorite childhood alley - the smell of the old yellow rose bush (center of photo on the right of the alley) brought back a lot of memories of timeless childhood days spent staring at the dirt or the clouds. This rose bush is probably eighty years old. The buildings on the alley are at least that, probably more like a hundred.

The house I grew up in. It was white, had a big hedge, and three large weeping birches. This is also the house my father was born in. It was moved from somewhere else in the valley to this location, (it was probably a couple decades old then...), added on to a little in the twenties, then Dad added more in the 60's when I was born. It has really done yeoman's service for several families since the turn of the century.

No comments: